Hello lovely folk,
I hope your autumn is coming along nicely, you are getting to enjoy some frosty walks and your hat collection is of use again. This time of year activity in Morzine and Saint Jean D’Aulps slows right down and in Chalet Bernadine we start our winter season preparations, getting the chalet ship-shape and trying out some new recipes (oh the horror of it! )
Running a catered chalet and generally being lovers of food makes food planning a massively important factor in our lives. Our hope is that returning guests get a completely new menu set, so now approaching our 4th year; we have a respectable collection of tasty treats for you.
We are proud to say that we do have dishes that are specifically requested by returning guests and none more than the extravagantly rich, chocolate orange mousse. So, as a special autumn treat, we thought we would share the recipe with you so you can make and enjoy it at home – what are friends for.
Alpine Action Adventures – Chocolate Orange Mousse
So the recipe SERVES 10 in the brown ceramics you can see here with the butter in it.
You can play with the amount of plain VS orange chocolate depending on your taste.
TOP TIP: change the flavour of your chocolate to experiment with your favourite flavour mousse. We have made this with hazelnuts which worked beautifully too!
- 150 grams marshmallows
- 50 grams soft butter
- 150 grams orange choc
- 100 grams dark choc chopped into small pieces
- 60 ml hot water (from a recently boiled kettle)
- 284 ml double cream
- Set the cream aside and put all the other ingredients in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Heat gently on the hob, stirring occasionally to help melt the marshmallows.
- Once your mixture is smooth, remove from the heat and pour into a clean mixing bowl and set aside.
- Now, go to town on your cream until whipped thick with peaks.
- Fold your cream into your chocolate mixture until you have one smooth yummy blend.
- Pour into your serving ceramics and pop in the fridge to set.
Enjoy and see you here soon for more yumminess!
Email Cassie & Si to enquire about your winter or summer adventures in the Alps email@example.com