Don’t let these crazy adrenaline monkeys steal a perfect holiday from you. The mountains in winter have so much more to offer than you might realise.
We at Alpine Action Adventures have compiled a short list that may just tickle your fancy. 10 reasons to winter holiday if you don’t care to ski:
- Chill: A glass of your favourite hot tipple and a great book in front of an open fire while the white blanket falls softly outside. Because chilling out on a winter holiday is not a sin!
- Snowshoeing: discover the full beauty of a snow covered world, winding your way round tracks (unaccompanied by skiers) taking in the most spectacular of views of winter in the mountains.
- Hot tubs in the snow: just happen to be one of our favourite things about the winter, couple that with a glass of bubbly or a cocktail and you have a little piece of heaven my friends.
- Husky dog sled rides: With beautiful dogs as your companions, hike through the incredible mountain scenery of the Haute Savoie. Feel like an adventurer in the winter wilderness.
- Lunch on the mountain: Grab your walkers lift pass and bustle into the tele-cabin to join your friends at a mountaintop restaurant. You could do this every day of your holiday and barely start on the list of amazing eateries at altitude.
- Pamper day: Book a beautician to visit the chalet for a pamper package; head to toe options available in front of the fire or spend a day at the spa in town. You deserve it!
- Ski Joering: Try this magical activity of skiing whilst being pulled by a horse. It’s not necessary to be an experienced skier or a horse rider, you just have to know how to keep your skis parallel and have fun.
- A Day in Town: Spend a day around resort, shopping, visiting the market and lunching; taking in the hubbub around you as you relax with coffee and a patisserie.
- Paragliding / Parapente: Can there be a more exhilarating way to see the Alps! Plus you most definitely win when you compare the days stories with your skier buddies.
- All this plus swimming, ice skating, walks, visiting local heritage sites and much more!
We can help you organise all of the above, before your stay to ensure you get the most of your time here with Alpine Action Adventures.